What does it cost to buy some oceanfront land in Haiku Maui?
First off, oceanfront land in Haiku is not going to be at sea level, so you don’t have to be too concerned about ocean levels rising. The cliffs along the north shore provide plenty of elevation above the surf and tides. Fisherman trails along the shore allow access in many spots, but not for the casual traveler. Be prepared for some rugged trails and dangerous conditions at times. Shoreline access can be tricky, and there are no sandy beaches to be found, only rocky bays and deep ravines.
There’s such a nice selection of large and small properties for sale along the north shore, if you consider 2 acres to be a small parcel. The current MLS listings have been on and off the market, and there are others that come and go too. I find it curious that so many attractive and useful lots are not being snapped up, to be developed now or further down the road.
THERE IS SO MUCH POTENTIAL.
Stretching from Maliko Gulch to Kailua Stream, the terrain ranges from vast fallow fields where pineapples once grew, to cattle grazing land with waterfalls.
What’s for sale right now along Maui’s north shore?
A wide selection of cliff front properties from Maliko Gulch to Honopou Point.
- 10 active listings priced from $1,120,000 to $12,000,000
- average asking price is $2,781,700 and median asking price is $1,706,500
- DOM varies from 7 days – 482 days, with an average of 141 days
- the smallest lot is in the Hoolawa Point Subdivision, an off-grid community. 460 Hoolawa Rd. is listed for $1,375,000
- lot size ranges from 2.3 acres to 284 acres, with 5 being between 9 – 13 acres
- one listing has Maui County water, 2 have no water, and 7 come with private well water
- 27 acres of gated pastures at the end of Honopou Rd consists of a 10 acre + a 17 acre parcel, asking about $3,900,000
Kai Poi Place lots for sale:
All of these offer stunning ocean views and a mostly open landscape, and the ability to have a private estate with easy access to Paia and Haiku towns, the surfing and ocean lifestyle. My favorite is the 20 acres which has an easy trail to a rocky shoreline and seasonal stream.
- 4 large lots for sale between Peahi Farms to the east, and the Jaws surf break to the west
- 0 Kai Poi – $1,295,000 – 10.24 acres
- 155 Kai Poi – $2,499,000 – 20.5 acres
- 205 Kai Poi – $1,688,000 – 9.2 acres
- 300 Kai Poi – $1,725,000 – 10.2 acres
How do I get to Kai Poi Place?
You need to exit the Hana Highway at Kai Huki Road, at the Peahi Farms entrance. Follow Kai Huki until it connects with Kai Poi and follow that until it takes you out of the Peahi Farms subdivision towards the oceanfront lots.
These lots are not part of any Home Owner Association…
They are not part of the Peahi Farms development, but share the access from Hana Highway. Owners of lots along Kai Poi Place have a dedicated easement. There is no monthly HOA fee.
Peahi Farms is looking better all the time. Take a quick peek as we drive through this agricultural development and admire the ocean views and blue skies. See if this is where you’d like to build a house and cottage.
The developer has made big changes so new owners can pretty much build what they want, and there’s fewer restrictions. Ask about the incentive being offered to the next couple of builders in this neighborhood.
Looking for some Maui north shore land?
If you can afford it, oceanfront is the way to go. Don’t settle for anything less.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635