Sold in past 12 months – house and cottage on 2 acres – Haiku Maui Hawaii
Regarding a house and cottage combination in Haiku Maui, let’s look at the recent sales on lot size of 2 to 3 acres, from mid April 2022 to mid April 2023. In the past 12 months there have been 11 closed transactions and here’s the details.
- 11 sales priced between $1,200,000 – $4,200,000 but 10 of them were under $3,000,000
- average sale price was $1,891,818. Median sale price was $1,600,000
- total dollar volume was $20,810,000
- average Days on Market was 88 and median DOM was 77
- none were oceanfront, none were distressed sales
- 1 property sold twice in this past year – 24 Poko Way
- least expensive was 2130 Kauhikoa Rd. which was a 1,752 sf home from 1987, plus a 500 sf cottage, a bonus building, and no ocean view. The main house needed a lot of work.
- most expensive was 166 Apuwai St. which is a huge single level luxury 5Bed/6bath home with detached 2-story cottage, and a fantasy pool with waterfall. Interestingly, this home is now back on the market for $5,500,000!
What’s pending sale now on Maui?
There is just 1 cottage on 2 acres under contract in our MLS.
- 88 Kamalii Pl. is in off Ulumalu Rd, in a quiet neighborhood
- listed for $2,448,000 for a working farm on 2 acres
- the main 3bed/2bath house is 2,879 sf and the cottage is 800 sf
- there’s a detached 420 sf AG office, a detached 1,152 sf AG building and a 4,000 sf greenhouse
- mature fruit bearing trees, photo-voltaic system tied into the grid
Inventory is limited. Don’t wait too long to make a purchase.
What’s for sale now on Maui?
There are 5 active house/cottage listings on 2 acres for sale in our MLS:
- priced between $1,749,000 – $5,500,000 (166 Apuwai St.)
- main house size ranges from 2,100 sf – 6,046 sf
- cottage size ranges from 743 sf – 2,412 sf
- lowest price is 105 E. Kuiaha Rd. – my listing and a really great property: large 2-story A-frame house; 2-story redwood cottage; oversize garage with 5 storage rooms and a community laundry room; private secluded valley with mature fruit orchard featuring mostly bananas and avocados.
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
What kind of small home are you looking for? Do you have what it takes to make it happen? Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635