Haiku Maui – what homes sold in 2018?
2018 was a great year for selling homes in Haiku. Compared to 2017, number of sales were up over 8%. Average and median sales prices were up by 8% and 11.8%. Total dollar volume was up 17% over last year.
- 92 residential properties priced from $220,000 – $3,100,000
- average sale price was $956,426 and median sale price was $842,500
- least expensive was a 100 year old 2Bd/2Ba home on a 6,090 lot in Rice Camp – 969 Noholani St.
- most expensive was the 9.8 acre oceanfront Sammy Hagar estate which had a house, cottage, pool and outdoor pizza oven
- Days on Market ranged from 0 to 541, with an average of 140 and a median of 100
- 62 were single homes, 3 were a home with attached ohana, and 27 were house and detached cottage
- 9 were bank owned with a high price of $740,000, and 2 were short sales
- 17 were CPR properties or “residential condo” homes, priced from $341,250 – $1,900,000. That’s 18.47% of the sales.
- lot size varied from 3,520 square feet in town, to 26.7 acres in the country, with about 1/3 being 1 acre or less, and 3 properties with 9 acres or more
Who’s home is that?
Of note were a couple of celebrity homes on the north shore. The “Brando estate” sold for $2,300,000 and Sammy Hagar’s oceanfront hideaway sold for $3,100,000. Both of these properties offered a lot of privacy and self sufficiency on large acreage.
Haiku Maui – what’s for sale now in 2019?
There’s a total of 66 Maui MLS listings right now, with 56 active and 10 pending. A number of new developments in Haiku are offering some brand new residential condo cottages and main houses with 1 acre or more. Here’s the highlights of the current residential real estate in Haiku.
Active Haiku listings:
- 56 properties priced from $415,000 – $4,325,000
- average price is $1,524,844 and median price is $1,224,500
- least expensive is an off-grid 1.4 acres with 1Bd/1Ba home with stream and jungle at 7989 Hana Highway
- most expensive is 430 Manawai Rd, a Balinese 3Bd/3.5Ba home on 5.8 oceanfront acres
- Days on Market ranges from 2 to 606, with an average of 150 and a median of 126
- 37 are just a single home, 1 is a home with attached ohana, and 18 are house and detached cottage
- 1 is bank owned, and 1 is a short sale
- 5 are CPR properties or “residential condo” homes, priced from $845,000 – $2,275,000
- lot size varies from 2,686 sf to 20.5 acres, with the majority being on 2-5 acre parcels
Pending Haiku listings:
- 10 listings priced from $395,000 – $1,695,000
- average price is $838,300 and median price is $824,500
- least expensive is a CPR 99 year old plantation home with 2.2 acres at 1085 West Kuiaha Rd.
- most expensive is 160 Nahele Rd, a house with pool/spa, a detached cottage on 4.9 beautiful acres
- Days on Market ranges from 16 to 545, with an average of 206 and a median of 43
- 8 are a single home, and 2 are house with detached cottage
- 1 is bank owned, and none are a short sale
- 1 is a CPR property along with 6 other homes on 16.8 acres
- lot size varies from 6,752 sf to 4.9 acres, with half being on less than 2 acres
Aloha from Haiku Maui
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635