Highlights of the Upcountry Caravan for June – North Shore Maui
Every month we have a chance to tour new homes for sale on the north shore – Spreckelsville, Paia, Kuau, Haiku, Huelo. This month all the new listings are in Haiku and there’s plenty of them. These are the 9 residential and 2 vacant land listings we previewed, ranging in price from $450,000 to $2,380,000. The common theme today was the “shack in the jungle” feature which is not uncommon in Haiku. Who doesn’t want a cute little outbuilding where you can meditate, work, or get away from the rest of the world? Other highlights were some lovely barns, and running streams.
- 2 vacant lots on Ulumalu Rd. – $450,000 and $475,000 – Buy them both for a great family compound of over 8 acres with some level ground and a deep gulch, and set back from the main road. No water meter, but catchment works well here.
- 2780 Hana Hwy. – $689,999 – Very nicely remodeled 3Bed/2Bath single level “starter” home that’s part of a 3-way residential condo regime. Walk to Haiku Elementary School and the Community Center.
- 77 Nahele Rd. – $848,000 – Off-grid estate with 2 homes, an AG building, and a shared well, all on 4.25 acres on the ocean side of Hana Highway near Kuiaha Bay. Mature fruit trees, and a stream running through the property. Definitely off the beaten path.
- 911 Kauhikoa Rd. – $885,000 – There’s a lot going on here on this fenced and gated acre, and it feels like a mini homestead close to Haiku town center. The 3Bed home has a funky appeal, and the detached outbuildings include a carport, workshop, chicken coops and more. Lots of flowers and plants make this a very private property.
- 6190 Hana Hwy. – $899,000 – Country living on 2 acres with the sound of Honopou Stream. The lushness of Haiku surrounds this spot, but there is an ocean view and lots of open space. A two-story 2Bed/1Bath home is well separated from the well appointed barn that sits by the stream. Creative living spaces make this a fun place to be.
- 201 Heaaula Pl. – $998,000 – Diamond in the rough on 2 acres in Windward Estates. Bring all your tools and friends and make this property shine like it used to. The 4Bed/2.5Bath home has high open beam ceilings and nice views. Clearly the crummiest house in the nice neighborhood scenario, which makes for a potential equity builder.
- 540 Kaiapa Pl. – $1,075,000 – End of the road privacy and big ocean views in the country, but with only 1 acre to maintain. 3Bed/2Bed main house and a 2Bed cottage, and a bonus caretaker shack. Lots of shady trees and mature citrus fruits.
- 1204 Hoolina Pl. – $1,200,000 – Zen inspired I think, with a wonderful private space amid the bamboo and palms, and a minimalist 2Bed house concept embraced by nature. The artful yet serious workshop/barn has an Asian feeling. A yoga hut, organic gardens, and wooded paths round out the 2+ acres.
- 500 Ulumalu Rd. – $1,389,000 – This “cottage” is living large with over 1,800 square feet of covered lanai surrounding the 2Bed/2Bath 1,000 sf home. Completely redone this year and looking polished and luxurious, with great use of space. Another larger house can be built on the other half of the 3.9 acre property. Tall eucalyptus trees mix with open space, providing good trade wind flow.
- 2425 Lilikoi Rd. – $2,380,000 – Another fantastic remodel with no detail left undone. Artistic collection of buildings and furnishings, and outdoor fun spots on 2 acres. 4Bed/3Bath home is too charming to describe and comes completely furnished. The pool has a slide and jumping rock. Play pickleball or life size chess by the pool. Even the cottage is a fun place to be, close to all the action. This one is a real pleaser.
Windward Estates is a residential subdivision of mostly 2 acre lots, mauka of Hana Highway in the Peahi area. About 34 home sites make up this well established rural neighborhood with shady tree lined streets, and underground utilities.
Most expensive listing – 2425 Lilikoi Rd – $2,380,000
This would be such a fun place to live, especially with kids. There’s a lot going on besides a beautiful house and cottage on 2 acres in Haiku.
Your own private resort with water slide pool, spa and pool house!
(See top photo above.)
2425 Lilikoi Rd. MLS#383136 – listed by The Maui Real Estate Team Inc.
Georgie Hunter would love to represent you the buyer.
Pictured at left – one of the jungle shacks. See more of these little buildings on Instagram.
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
Got questions about any of these properties? Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That’s what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635