What is the median price of a home on Maui, and what will it buy?
Let’s see what you get for your money when you buy a home at the median price. The median price is defined as falling in the middle, with an equal number of units priced higher or lower. It’s different from the average price, and it’s also lower than the average price, making it a better indicator.
In February 2020, the median sale price of a house was $754,180. The median sale price of a condo was $555,000. Both were higher than a year ago, but lower than the previous month.
MAUI HOUSES THAT SOLD CLOSE TO THE MEDIAN PRICE IN JAN/FEB 2020:
- 178 Luakaha Cir, Kihei – $750,000 – Two-story 4Bed/3Bath home in Piilani Village 3. Remodeled in 2014, newer appliances. Photo-voltaic system.
- 279 Aone St, Kihei – $750,000 – Single level 3Bed/2Bath home in South Kihei. Immaculate condition.
- 161 Pauehu St, Wailuku – $750,380 – Brand new 3Bed/2Bath 2-story home in the Ilima at Kehalani development. Some upgrades were added on.
- 225 Kilioopu St, Wailuku – $754,180 – Brand new single story 3Bed/2Bath home in the Highlands at Kehalani development.
- 38 Polale St, Kihei – $756,000 – Single story 3Bed/2Bath home in the Piilani Village 2 neighborhood. New tiled floors. PV system and AC throughout.
- 121 E. Kanamele Lp, Wailuku – $760,000 – Two-story furnished 4Bed/3Bath home in Waikapu Gardens. Fully remodeled and painted inside and out. PV, AC and solar hot water.
- These were all single family homes with garage, on lots sized from about 4,000 – 7,600 square feet.
- Days on Market ranged from 32 – 290 days.
MAUI CONDOS THAT SOLD CLOSE TO THE MEDIAN PRICE IN JAN/FEB/MARCH 2020:
- Hale Kanani 3-101, Kihei – $550,000 – 3Bed/2Bath ground floor end unit. Furnished, with central AC, and pet friendly. Not for short term rentals.
- Kauhale Makai 623, Kihei – $550,000 – 1Bed/1Bath fully remodeled unit on top floor. Oceanfront complex that’s just had a major renovation, with no assessment to owners.
- Maui Kamaole I-108, Kihei – $552,000 – 1Bed/2Bath ground floor unit. 2 pools and tennis courts. Small private courtyard.
- Villas at Kenolio 5-B, Kihei – $555,000 – 3Bed/2Bath corner unit in a pet friendly complex. Elegant remodel including solar hot water, new appliances. Not for short term rentals.
- Papakea Resort E-305, Napili – $555,000 – 1Bed/1Bath 3rd floor unit in an oceanfront building. Sold outside of the MLS.
- Kahana Sunset C2C, Kahana – $555,000 – 1Bed/1Bath ground floor unit in a beachfront building. Travertine floors throughout. Fully furnished for vacation rentals.
- Papakea Resort G-301, Napili – $560,000 – 1Bed/1Bath corner unit with extra large windows. New AC unit. Lush grounds with koi pond. 24 hour front desk service.
- Maui Kamaole K-101, Kihei – $560,000 – 1Bed/2Bath ground floor unit with nice garden view in a quiet part of the development away from the busy road.
- Median DOM was 98 days
Are you looking for a well priced home?
Do you need some help? Let me help you find that perfect home!
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635