Sold since 2016 – vacant land – Haiku Maui Hawaii
Continuing on the land sales reporting, I’m now looking at the history of medium sized land sales in Haiku Maui – lot size of 10-20 acres. So far this year there have already been 2 closed sales, while there were 6 last year. Previous to that, 3 or 4 sales per year was normal.
Since August 2016 there have been 18 closed sales of vacant land ranging from 10-20 acres. Here are some of the highlights:
- 18 sales priced between $400,000 – $1,700,000 with 6 priced at or over $1,000,000
- average sale price was $889,538. Median sale price was $875,000
- total dollar volume was $16,011,700
- average Days on Market was 222 and median DOM was 119
- 2 parcels were oceanfront, priced at $1,250,000 and $1,025,000
- no distressed sales
- least expensive was a developer sale in the Kauhikoa Farms subdivision back in 2016 when they were getting started. Additional costs were part of the deal once power and water were brought in.
- most expensive was 448 Burns Rd. which was actually 3 lots totaling 18 acres.
- 2021 sales include 15.8 acres on the Hana Highway in Huelo which sold for $730,000 and 13.25 acres on Hogback Road which sold for $1,300,000 with a county water meter
What’s pending sale now on Maui?
There is just 1 vacant lot under contract in our MLS.
- 14.25 acres down Manawai Road in Peahi
- listed for $2,200,000. 140 DOM
- located ocean side of Hana Highway in the SMA (special management area)
Inventory is limited. Don’t wait too long to make a purchase.
What’s for sale now on Maui?
There are 2 active vacant land listings for sale in our MLS, between 10-20 acres
- 19.9 acres down Lower Ulumalu Road. Listed for $1,499,000 and reduced from $2,190,000. All usable and gently sloping land with no water meter. Ocean side of Hana Highway. 131 Days on Market.
- 19.85 acres down Hanauana Road. Listed for $3,000,000. Varied terrain which includes a stream/waterfall, forest, and pasture land. This is in a gated subdivision along the road to Hana, and ocean side of the Hana Highway. 110 Days on Market
- none are oceanfront properties
- none are bank owned or short sales
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
What kind of land are you looking for? Do you have what it takes to make it happen? Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635