Sold since 2016 – vacant land – Maui Hawaii
Looking at the history of large land sales on Maui, it would appear that they are picking up over the most recent 5 years. I’m talking about lots over 100 acres, whether or not it’s all usable ground. So far this year there have already been 3 closed sales, which is more than the normal 2 per year. Often the land will be steep, remote, rugged, or otherwise less attractive to the average buyer. Or it could be nicely developed ranch lands with lots of improvements. Either way, large parcels have the possibility of being subdivided, and offer many possibilities for development or a secure estate.
Since January 2016 there have been 12 closed sales of vacant land ranging from 115 acres to 3,285 acres. Here are some of the highlights:
- 12 sales priced between $300,000 – $14,000,000
- average sale price was $4,155,811. Median sale price was $2,719,870
- total dollar volume was $49,869,740
- average Days on Market was 432 and median DOM was 294
- 3 parcels in Kula priced from $4,500,000 – $9,830,000. Size ranged from 148 acres – 3,285 acres. All with water meters.
- 6 parcels in Hana priced from $300,000 – $1,456,000 and comprising the 6 lowest sale prices
- 1 oceanfront 182 acre parcel in Haiku bought by the County of Maui – $3,983,740
- 1 oceanfront 120 acre parcel in Waihee sold for $4,250,000 this year.
- least expensive was in Hana – 275 acres of conservation land surrounded by Hana Forest Reserve.
- most expensive was 325 Waiahiwi Rd. – Piiholo Ranch in Olinda consists of 805 acres, with many improvements including a zipline business, and a working ranch with homes and barns. This exceptional property just closed today!
What’s pending sale now on Maui?
There is just 1 vacant lot under contract in our MLS.
- Kalialinui Ranch in Kula which has 464 acres of fenced pastures
- listed for $7,500,000. 823 DOM
- elevations range from 1,300 ft to 2,100 ft above sea level
What’s for sale now on Maui?
There are 6 active vacant land listings for sale in our MLS, priced from $3,999,999 – $16,850,000
- average list price is $8,124,999 and median list price is $6,725,000
- average Days on Market is 701 and median DOM is 392
- locations: Hana – 2; Kula – 2; Molokai – 1; Wailuku – 1
- none are oceanfront properties
- none are bank owned or short sales
- lot size ranges from 136 acres to over 3,000 acres
- lowest priced is 1,824 acres on East Molokai, zoned AG and conservation
- most expensive is 3,018 acres in Kaupo, an active ranch with house, bordered by Haleakala National Park
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
What kind of land are you looking for? Do you have what it takes to make it happen? Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635