Homes for sale in Makawao Maui – with a half acre of land
The Upcountry town of Makawao is home to a few subdivisions with half acre lots, where you can build a main house and a smaller cottage – usually 600 – 700 square feet. Maui Uplands and Upland Estates are on the makai side of Makawao Avenue, and were developed in the 1980’s on old pineapple land. Nowadays most of the lots are built out, with mature landscaping, creating a very nice contiguous neighborhood, but without a lot of ocean views.
You can also find some large lots independent of these developments, in random locations such as Piiholo Road, Olinda Road or right in Makawao town. They will generally be older homes, with big old trees, and won’t be part of any Home Owners Association.
Check out the map to get an idea of the location of these homes in Makawao. I’ve put the pin in the middle of the development.
What sold in the past year – December 2020 to December 2021
- 9 listings sold, priced between $810,000 – $1,337,500
- average sale price was $1,084,722 and median price was $1,150,000
- Days on Market: average – 84, median – 62
- 4 properties were with 1 house, 5 properties were house and cottage
- only 1 had an ocean view, but many had a mountain view
- all had at least .5 acre of land and up to .69 of an acre
What’s for sale now in Makawao with half an acre?
- 3 listings priced from $925,000 – $1,235,000
- 1 is a single family home and 2 are house and cottage
- 2 are pending sale – the highest and lowest priced listings
- 1 is active, a house and cottage listed for $1,099,000
Maui Uplands – houses with half acre lots
Are you buying or selling in Upcountry Maui?
Get the latest sales information right here. Call me if you have questions. I’m here to help.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635