3 sales in one month – Kuanana Street – Paia Maui
Do you sometimes wonder why all of a sudden there’s 3 homes for sale on one street? Maybe neighbors get inspired by each other and decide to keep up with the Joneses. “If they’re going to list at $X amount, then we should too“. It happens more often than you think. In this case not only did 3 homes on one street come on the market within a couple of months, but they also all sold quickly!
Paia Maui is always a hot real estate market, and during the pandemic it’s been extremely brisk. Kuanana St. is in the Skill Village subdivision in Upper Paia, close to where the old sugar mill used to churn out processed sugar cane. This neighborhood was built back in the ’80’s as an “affordable housing” project and was offered to local residents who met certain requirements. Since then many of the original owners have moved out and sold to newcomers. The windsurfing crowd really like to buy homes in here, as it’s so close to some of the best beaches on Maui.
What sold in Skill Village?
537 Kuanana St. sold for $865,000 on Oct. 15, 2021
- 3 Bed/2 Bath home of 1,153 square feet
- down from $899,000 original list price
- 87 Days on Market
478 Kuanana St. sold for $955,000 on Oct. 6, 2021
- 3 Bed/2 Bath home of 984 square feet
- up from $898,000 original list price
- 33 Days on Market
549 Kuanana St. sold for $1,113,000 on Oct. 25, 2021
- 3 Bed/2 Bath home of 2,088 square feet
- up from $1,098,000 original list price
- 47 Days on Market
What’s for sale now in Paia Maui?
It’s always the same story here – only a handful or two of homes for sale, with a wide price variation. There are 13 active and pending home listings for sale in our MLS, priced from $750,000 – $12,000,000. Three of the homes are pending sale, priced from $750,000 – $1,595,000. Info below is for the homes, with an additional condo noted separately.
- average list price is $3,969,356. Median list price is $1,595,000.
- average Days on Market is 176. Median DOM as 200.
- none are bank owned or short sales.
- 4 are oceanfront or beachfront properties.
- 1 is an oceanfront CPR (residential condo) listed for $11,995,000
- lot size ranges from about 5,502 sf to .5 acre.
- lowest priced is a 2Bed/2Bath home in Skill Village – move in ready with newer roof.
- most expensive is a beachfront luxury home near Mama’s Fish House in Kuau
- Condo: Kuau Plaza unit 110 is a 1Bed/1Bath ground floor unit fully furnished for $599,000
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
Got questions about any of these properties? Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That’s what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635