Highlights of the Upcountry Caravan for February – North Shore Maui
Every month we have a chance to tour new homes for sale on the north shore – Spreckelsville, Paia, Kuau, Haiku, Huelo. This month on Feb 14, it was a rainy and wet day, not the greatest weather for touring homes. In fact it was wet and muddy at more than one location, but not bad enough to miss out seeing some fresh real estate offerings. These are the 9 great residential listings we previewed in no particular order, ranging in price from $875,000 to $3,000,000.
- 621 Hana Hwy. – $4,200,000 – Kuau oceanfront family compound with 3 stylish beach homes in a gated community. Perfect as a vacation home for many, or simply a beach town lifestyle with easy access to the water.
- 2245 Hana Hwy. – $2,995,000 – 2.5 acres with brand new contemporary dream house, very masculine and rugged with lots of lava rock, heavy timbers, steel and glass, high-end finishes. Detached garage and room to build another home.
- 555 Haiku Rd. – $1,295,000 – sweet bed-n-breakfast Haiku home on 1.2 acres with mature landscaping, Walk to town center or just relax here and get to know Haiku more intimately. A lot of charm here in this historic house.
- 1752 W. Kuiaha Rd. – $994,500 – 2 full size single level hollow-tiles homes on 2 usable acres located between Haiku and Makawao. Nice grassy pastures for livestock in this country setting. Nothing fancy, but good value for a Haiku farm.
- 53 Awalau Rd. – $1,189,000 – enjoy the quiet country lifestyle in Hibiscus Acres, near Hanzawa Store. This cozy 3Bd/2Ba home has a lovely large covered lanai that blends indoor/outdoor living. Very pretty views and setting, with fruit trees.
- 917 L. Hogback Rd. – $3,000,000 – luxury 2Bd/2Ba single level home, detached cottage, yoga shala, garage, all on over 4 peaceful acres. Beautifully remodeled buildings with understated elegance. Far from any busy roads.
- 373 Ulumalu Rd – $875,000 – Interesting sprawling 4Bd/2.5Ba home with many bonus rooms for a home business and hobbies. Mature trees on this .73 acre lot. Really good value here for a large active family.
- 235 Heaaula Pl. – $1,525,000 – 13 exotic hardwoods lovingly crafted into an artful 3Bd/3Ba house. This 2 acre lot in Windward Estates houses a couple of horses now, but there’s room to build another cottage and barn.
- 150 Uaoa Lp. – $1,375,000 – another country home in Windward Estates. Over 3,100 sf 5Bd/4.5Ba home with extensive covered wraparound lanai and sweeping views. Great for entertaining guests. New roof and appliances.
Windward Estates is a residential subdivision of mostly 2 acre lots, mauka of Hana Highway in the Peahi area. About 34 home sites make up this well established rural neighborhood with shady tree lined streets, and underground utilities.
Hogback Road has an upper and lower section, but they don’t connect as they are separated by a large gulch. Lower Hogback can be reached from Haiku Road near Mopua St. while Upper Hogback is off Leialoha St, which is off Kauhikoa Road.
Most unique listing – 235 Heaaula Pl.
This jewel box of a house has been lovingly created from local exotic woods, stone and tile, for a warm textural feeling. You enter across a small bridge, into this wonderful space where so much love has shaped and polished a unique one-of-a-kind residence. Upstairs offers the living space and kitchen, bedrooms and bathroom, while downstairs has another bedroom/bath, and a sweet outdoor space with built in custom picnic table. Easy indoor/outdoor living.
Located near the back of a quiet north shore subdivision, it’s a private spot where you can ride your horse or plan your next building project.
235 Heaaula Pl. MLS#381436 – listed by Hawaii Life
Pictured at left is 2245 Hana Highway, Haiku. MLS#381737 listed by Coldwell Banker Island Properties (Wailea)
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
Got questions about any of these properties? Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That’s what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635