Highlights of the Upcountry Caravan for February – Kula Maui
Every month we have a chance to tour new homes for sale in Kula, with other real estate agents. After a slow holiday season, there were 9 new properties to preview on Feb 7, 2019. These are the residential and vacant land listings we previewed this month in no particular order, and priced from $360,000 – $2,395,000.
- 70 Hoopalua Dr. – $2,395,000 – live large with this 4,700 sf home and huge huge views, on 2 acres
- 106 Kawalea Pl. #1 – $360,000 – a large half acre CPR lot where you can build a main house with views
- 106 Kawalea Pl. #2 – $470,000 – cute basic CPR 664 sf cottage with carport, in a cul-de-sac location
- 100 Malapua Pl. – $899,999 – multi-level 3Bd/2Ba home in Kulamanu Estates, overlooking green space
- 32 Kualono Pl. – $899,900 – nicely remodeled 3Bd/2.5Ba single level home on .64 acre, fireplace and open beam ceilings
- 2623 Lower Kula Rd – $1,689,000 – Bali inspired custom 3Bd/3Ba home on many levels, great views, orchard, gated 1/2 acre with great views – this one is my favorite!
- 5791 Lower Kula Rd. – $1,700,000 – big beautiful 3Bd/3Ba home on 1 acre, with a separate indoor pool, and small barn
- 7925 Kula Hwy. – $1,150,000 – Keokea single level house and cottage on .67 acre, backs up to large pasture, great views
- 890 Holopuni Rd. – $1,195,000 – 2 acre protea farm in Kula Glen with a 2-story 4Bd/3Ba home with apartment for guests
Kulamanu is a residential subdivision off Lower Kimo Drive, with mostly large 2-story homes on lots of about 1/4 – 1/2 acre. There are design guidelines here to create a consistent look for the neighborhood. Together with the adjacent Jacaranda Estates there are about 130 home sites, each offering nice ocean views.
Keokea is the rural community at the far southern end of Kula, just before you get to Ulupalakua. This area has a rich history with a Chinese twist, as early immigrants here in the 1800’s were Hakka Chinese farmers.
A few stops along the way at La Provence bakery, and Nui’s Farm Market round out the shopping for the day – delicious French pastries are hard to pass up, and the fresh veggies at Nui’s are always well priced.
My favorite listing – 2623 Lower Kula Road
Artistic touches throughout this home really make it stand out – not a “cookie cutter” by any means. Master bedroom is well separated from the other bedrooms, all on different levels. There’s a little loft over the kitchen, overlooking the living area. Lots of natural stone and wood, plaster walls, ample windows, high ceilings – makes for a cozy and rich environment. Nicely landscaped yard with a fruit orchard. Strategic plantings block out the nearby road. The views are spectacular! (See top photo)
2623 Lower Kula Road MLS#381485 listed by NextHome Pacific Properties
Pictured at left is 7925 Kula Highway, Keokea. MLS#381618 listed by Coldwell Banker Island Properties (Wailea)
Thanks for reading my Maui market update…
Got questions about any of these properties? Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That’s what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635