What does it cost to buy a home in Paia and Kuau Maui?
This little beach town is so hip and cool, that everyone wants to have a home here. But can you afford it? What do homes sell for in these neighborhoods? The low priced inventory usually sells quickly due to strong demand. By low priced I guess I mean anything under $800,000. These are the current residential sales in the north shore towns of Paia and Kuau, for 2019 year to date – (January 1 to March 21).
What are real estate sales like in Paia Maui?
- 4 closed sales this year priced from $649,000 to $1,475,000
- average and median sale price was just over $1,000,000
- Day on Market ranged from 30 to 180, with an average and a median of 104 days to sell
- 2 homes sold in the Skill Village neighborhood in Upper Paia – $649,000 and $720,000
- 2 homes sold in the Sunset Estates neighborhood of Kuau – $1,438,125 and $1,475,000
- 2 units sold at the Kuau Plaza this March after 4.5 months with no sales activity
- Kuau Plaza 207 sold for $361,000
- Kuau Plaza 102 sold for $370,000
- both are 1Bd/1Ba with 570 sf interior space
- 4 Kuau Plaza units sold in 2018
KUAU PLAZA is a 3-story concrete building built in the 1970’s, with 10 units per floor. Most units are 1Bd/1Bd with a small lanai. It’s located at 777 Hana Highway, next to the well known Mama’s Fish House restaurant. Vacation rentals are allowed in this small neighborhood.
What’s for sale in Paia right now?
Not much for houses in the MLS, and no condos.
Only 4 new listings since the beginning of the year and inventory is really tight. Are you a Paia homeowner thinking of selling?
- 9 active listings priced from $879,000 to $5,700,000
- average asking price is $3,600,000 and median asking price is $4,200,00
- DOM varies from 15 days – 525 days
- the 5 highest priced are oceanfront, starting at $4,200,000
- 1 home is a CPR and priced at $1,195,000
- 1 pending listing priced at $750,000
- 44 Lei Place, downtown Paia – 4Bd/2Ba on a very small lot
Paia houses and condos for sale
Surf’s up and it’s a good time to be buying here in Paia and Kuau. Are you in the market? Let me be your guide to finding the perfect beach town property for your needs.
Ready to sell your Paia home? You can request a property evaluation here.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635