What are the most expensive sales on Maui?
We’re in a pretty crazy real estate market right now, with homes selling quickly and for high prices. There seems to be no end in sight, and I thought it might be interesting to see just how high do those prices go? As usual, most of these are oceanfront or beachfront, with spectacular views and sunsets, in the resort areas of Wailea and Kapalua. There’s a few outliers, and interestingly, Hana makes the cut this time.
How much was that sale? The total dollar volume here is over $102 million, and most of it’s cash. Let’s take a look at monthly sales in the second quarter of 2021, and see what the high rollers are spending in each segment – vacant land, condos, and houses. Are you ready?
On this subject: What were the most expensive sales in the first quarter of 2021?
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN APRIL 2021:
- Land: Hana Highway – $5,600,000 cash – 81.4 oceanfront acres in the town of Hana. Several parcels sold together, and djacent to the Hana-Maui Resort. 1954 Days on Market.
- Home: 4508 Makena Road – $24,600,000 cash – beachfront 4Bd/5.5Ba home with 5,065 sf of interior space and an oceanfront pool. Palauea Beach lot of .44 acres that includes both parts of a CPR. Brand new construction and fully furnished. 140 DOM.
- Condo: 4000 Wailea Alanui Drive #602 – $6,975,000 cash – Wailea Point Resort oceanfront unit with 3Bd/3Ba and 2,305 sf of living space. Exquisitely remodeled in 2019. Too many amenities to mention. 99 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN MAY 2021:
- Land: 3040 Kahekili Highway – $4,250,000 conventional financing – 120 oceanfront acres in Waihee, and only 15 minutes from the airport. Almost 1 mile of ocean frontage. 196 Days on Market.
- Home: 4585 Makena Road – $25,000,000 cash – massive 7Bd/8.5Ba home with 6,561 sf of interior space with a heated pool/spa. 2.5 acre estate with a brand new luxury home. 105 DOM.
- Condo: 3800 Wailea Alanui Boulevard #A102 – $14,000,000 cash – 3Bd/3.5Ba single level furnished holiday home at the Wailea Beach Villas Resort on the south shore. Rare oceanfront unit with unobstructed ocean views. 58 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN JUNE 2021:
- Land: 1900 Pulehu Road – $4,500,000 cash – 148 acres of established ranch and farm land with County water meter and power. Warehouse and greenhouse. Amazing bicoastal views. 286 Days on Market.
- Home: 4584 Makena Road – $9,000,000 cash – beachfront 2Bd/3.5Ba home with over 1 acre of land. Sprawling single level home built in 1978. 381 DOM.
- Condo: 1 Bay Drive #2101 – $8,500,000 conventional financing – 4Bd/4.5Ba unit at the Montage Residences in Kapalua Bay. Front row unit with unobstructed ocean views. Ground floor unit with additional outdoor kitchen. 160 DOM.
What’s your budget to buy a home on Maui?
Get pre-approved so you know what you can afford.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635