What are the most expensive sales on Maui?
We’re in a pretty crazy real estate market right now, with homes selling quickly and for high prices. There seems to be no end in sight, and I thought it might be interesting to see just how high do those prices go? As you can guess, many of these will be oceanfront or beachfront, with spectacular views and sunsets, in the resort areas of Wailea and Kaanapali.
How much was that sale? There’s been a whole lot of cash dropped on this island already this year, and this is just a sampling. Let’s take a look at monthly sales in the first part of 2021, and see what the high rollers are spending in each segment – vacant land, condos, and houses. Buckle up!
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN JANUARY 2021:
- Land: 0 Cross Road – $1,400,000 cash – 23.9 acres in the upcountry area of Keokea. Actually two properties sold together. Rolling pastureland right out of a Curtis Wilson Cost painting. 262 Days on Market.
- Home: 5490 Makena Road – $9,999,000 cash – beachfront 5Bd/5.5Ba home with 5,485 sf of interior space and an infinity pool/spa. Large South Maui lot of .82 acres is just short walk to the ocean. 584 DOM.
- Condo: 4000 Wailea Alenui Drive #1104 – $6,400,000 cash – Wailea Point oceanfront unit with 3Bd/5Ba and over 2,800 sf of living space. Fully furnished and equipped 2-story vacation condo in an oceanfront setting. 182 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN FEBRUARY 2021:
- Land: 63 Kuahulu Place – $3,600,000 cash – oceanfront 2.2 acres of agriculturally zoned land in a small gated community in Olowalu. 200 lineal feet of ocean frontage. 270 Days on Market.
- Home: 40 Kai Ala Drive – $15,750,000 cash – beachfront 4Bd/5.5Ba home with 5,348 sf of interior space and an infinity pool/spa. Almost a full acre in the Kaanapali Resort. 50 DOM.
- Condo: 1 Bay Drive #5404 – $5,800,000 conventional financing – 3Bd/3.5Ba unit at the Montage Residences in Kapalua Bay. Upper floor corner unit within the resort which offers a hotel-like lifestyle. 174 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN MARCH 2021:
- Land: 0 Wailau Place – $2,500,000 conventional financing – 25.8 acres on a hilltop in Makila Nui, Launiupoko. Private water system is shared. 169 Days on Market.
- Home: 5418 Makena Road #101 – $10,000,000 cash – oceanfront 4Bd/4.5Ba residential condo home within the Makena Golf & Beach Club Resort. Ground floor unit with it’s own private pool. 145 DOM.
- Condo: 4000 Wailea Alenui Drive #1102 – $6,800,000 cash – Wailea Point luxury unit with 3Bd/3Ba with 2,394 sf of living space. South Maui vacation rentable condo that allows pets. An unlisted sale.
What’s your budget to buy a home on Maui?
Get pre-approved so you know what you can afford.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635