What will a million dollars buy on Maui?
It’ll buy a lot of fun in the sun, that’s for sure, and it wouldn’t take long to spend it staying in a fancy resort and living a high life. But if you want to settle down here and buy a home, what will that cost?
In the first 6 months of 2019 this is what $1,000,000 will buy you on Maui.
- 4 CLOSED HOUSE SALES priced at $999,000 – $1,000,000
- Days on Market ranged from 69 to 299, with an average of 180 and a median of 177
- 1 was oceanfront, and 2 were almost oceanfront… just steps away
- SOLD in Kihei: 947 S. Kihei Rd. is a 3Bed/3Bath newly constructed plantation style home with 10 foot ceilings and large covered lanai, all on a big 1/3 acre lot across the street from the beach.
- SOLD in Kihei: 11 Hoolalei Way is a large 2-story house and a detached cottage on a 1/4 acre with mountain and ocean views. Good set up with multiple living spaces.
- SOLD in Lahaina: 545G Front St. is a cute little 3Bed/2Bath remodeled older home in historic old Lahaina town. Part of a group of cottages in a beachfront residential condominium development.
- SOLD in Haiku: 7939 Hana Hwy. is a tropical hideaway by the sea at the end of Hanawana Rd along the north shore. Magical off-grid setting for a house and cottage on 3 acres, away from everything but the ocean.
- 3 CLOSED CONDO SALES priced at $999,000 – $1,000,000
- SOLD in Kihei: Maalaea Surf E5 is a 2Bed/Bath condo in a low density beachfront complex on over 5 acres, with 2 pools and tennis courts. Vacation rentable and now pet friendly.
- SOLD in Kihei: Hokulani Golf Villas #70 is a luxury 2Bed/2Bath house with garage, in a residential condo neighborhood on the fairways. Beautiful community pool, fitness center and amenities.
- SOLD in Kaanapali: Masters 1106 is a spacious 2Bed/2Bath luxury condo with ocean and fairway views in this lush gated community on the Kaanapali Golf Course.
- 1 CLOSED LAND SALE at this price in the first half of the year
- SOLD in Wailea: A half acre vacant lot at 22 Halapa Pl. in the new Ridge at Wailea development, a small neighborhood next to Wailea Fairway Estates and the Hotel Wailea Resort
What’s for sale now for $1,000,000, and what’s under contract?
There’s a small selection of Maui real estate for sale now, priced between $995,000 – $1,000,000. It’s only a small segment of the active market though with many more properties to choose from at all price points.
- 10 TOTAL LISTINGS with 4 Active and 6 Pending
- Days on Market ranged from 1 to 263, with an average of 132 and a median of 138
- none are oceanfront
- land size ranges from 6,730 sf in Kahana to 2.2 acres in Wailuku Country Estates
- locations are mostly upcountry and central, with 2 listings in West Maui
- 1 unit at The Vintage at Kaanapali is pending, nothing else is active. These are detached homes with garages, in a gated neighborhood that’s pet friendly.
- 9 Active listings from Keanae to Kapalua, with 5 of them being in West Maui
- lot size ranges from about 1 acre in Kaanapali Golf Estates, to 21 oceanfront acres in Camp Maluhia
- 2 lots are oceanfront and 1 is very close
- pictured above is the rugged shoreline of Keanae Peninsula where you can buy an oceanfront acre with a water meter
What do you want?
What’s it going to be – a house, a condo, or some vacant land? Are you ready to make it happen? Let’s get started!
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635