What are the most expensive sales on Maui?
Despite the pandemic, or maybe because of it, prices of Maui real estate continue to soar. The 3rd quarter of 2021 is no exception and it’s quite amazing how high the prices can go. Typically, most of these are oceanfront or beachfront, with spectacular views and sunsets, in the resort areas of Wailea and Kapalua. Olinda/Makawao makes the cut this time with the Piiholo Ranch changing hands over the summer.
How much was that sale? The total dollar volume here is about $114,000,000 and most of it’s cash. Let’s take a look at monthly sales in the third quarter of 2021, and see what the high rollers are spending each month, in each segment- vacant land, condos, and houses. Are you ready?
On this subject:
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN JULY 2021:
- Land: 325 Waiahiwi Road – $14,000,000 cash – 803 acres in Olinda, above Makawao. Piiholo Ranch included a working ranch with homes, and a zipline business. 500 Days on Market.
- Home: 3200 S. Kihei Road – $45,000,000 cash – beachfront 8Bd/10Ba home with 21,692 sf of interior space and an oceanfront pool. Keawakapu Beach lot of .87 acres. Sold before listed to a Malibu cash buyer.
- Condo: 4000 Wailea Alanui Drive #1601 – $12,500,000 cash – Wailea Point Resort oceanfront unit with 3Bd/3Ba and 3,766 sf of living space. Rare double unit all on one level. 280 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN AUGUST 2021:
- Land: 45 Kuahulu Place – $4,300,000 cash – 2 oceanfront acres in Olowalu, with level grassy ground and coconut palms, mature citrus and mango orchard. 104 Days on Market.
- Home: 4478 Makena Road – $16,750,000 cash – 3Bd/3.5Ba beachfront home with pool on half an acre. PV power and back up generator to ensure peace of mind. 46 DOM.
- Condo: 3800 Wailea Alanui Drive #308 – $5,995,000 cash – 3Bd/3Ba plus den, furnished vacation home at the beachfront Wailea Beach Villas Resort in Wailea. 252 DOM.
HIGHEST PRICED SALES IN SEPTEMBER 2021:
- Land: 300 Kalehua Street – $3,150,000 cash – 1 of only 8 lots in this new subdivision Kalehua O Makena, consisting of 12,,240 sf. Access to golf privileges at Makena Golf & Beach Club. 182 Days on Market.
- Home: 81 Iliahi Way – $5,750,000 cash – 4Bd/4.5Ba house with infinity edge pool and stunning views, detached cottage on 35 acres in Launiupoko. CPR. 108 DOM.
- Condo: 1 Bay Drive #1205 – $6,200,000 conventional financing – 3Bd/3.5Ba unit at the beachfront Montage Residences in Kapalua Bay. The only unit with its own private yard/garden. 429 DOM.
What’s your budget to buy a home on Maui?
Get pre-approved so you know what you can afford.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635