What vacant land has been selling in Haiku, and for how much?
Here are the recent real estate sales from 2018:
- 53 closed sales from $295,500 to $1,700,000
- average sale price was $570,651 and median sale price was $475,000
- Day on Market ranged from 0 to 704, with an average of 155 and a median of 108
- only 1 was oceanfront, a 26.7 acres in Huelo which sold for $1,500,000
- lowest price was a 1.6 acre CPR portion with all usable land and a small ocean view in Kauhikoa Farms
- highest price was a combined sale of 3 adjacent lots totaling 18 acres on Burns Rd, an off-grid neighborhood
- only 6 lots came with Maui County water meters, and most had access to a private well water system
Lot sizes were predominantly in the 2-5 acre size and up to 18 acres:
- 48 lots were between 2 – 5 acres and mostly in the 2 new Haiku subdivisions of Haiku Town Acres and Kauhikoa Farms, and sold for an average price of around $517,000 – median price was about $473,000
- 6 of these “small lots” were CPR portions which limits what you can build
- 1 CPR lot of 7.8 acres sold for $485,000 in Kauhikoa Farms
- 4 parcels were over 10 acres and ranged from 12 acres – 26.7 acres which sold between $855,000 and $1,700,000
What’s for sale now in Haiku, and what’s selling?
There’s a wide range of vacant land for sale now, of all sizes and prices. 46 total active and pending in the MLS
The smaller lower priced lots are the most popular obviously. Not everyone is looking for a large chunk of land to develop, and most people just want a little piece of ground where they can build a home or two and live a country lifestyle. But there are some really good deals on large parcels, with much potential for farming and building, so be sure to consider the possibilities of owning a bigger piece of Maui if you can afford it.
- 40 active parcels priced from $390,000 to $12,000,000
- average asking price is $1,397,075 and median asking price is $992,500
- lot size ranges from half an acre to 284 acres, with 23 being 5 acres or less, 5 being 8-10 acres, 8 being 13-20 acres, 3 being 32-50 acres, and 1 really big chunk of oceanfront land with 284 acres
- DOM varies from 6 days to 2695 days
- 8 are oceanfront and priced from $1,200,000 to $12,000,000
- 2 parcels are CPR lots priced from $390,000 to $650,000
- 6 pending parcels priced from $315,500 to $575,000
- average asking price is $443,583 and median asking price is $443,000
- lot size ranges from .7 acres to 5 acres and 1 is a CPR portion
- DOM varies from 40 days to 359 days
- none are oceanfront
Haiku Maui land for sale
With so many great properties on the market, it’s a good time to be buying here in Haiku. Are you in the market? Let me be your guide to finding the perfect property for your needs, whether for farming or just a country lifestyle.
Thanks for reading my blog…
Let me help YOU with your Maui real estate needs.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635